Appearing on camera can be really tricky for non-actors. It can actually be really uncomfortable!
So we thought we’d share with you our top basic tips to help you feel at ease from the word ?ACTION!
- Keep it light: It will help the final video look much better. Like in life, don’t take anything too seriously.
- SMILE! It might feel awkward at first but don’t let it put you off.
- It WILL take multiple takes. And that’s OK! Promise it will be all worth it in the end.
- Would you run with your hands in your pockets? Nah you wouldn’t! It’d be silly, right? Well, same goes for being on camera. Find a comfy, natural position and relaaaax.
- Bring a friend: our crew is mega friendly. All of them. But if you still think it’ll be intimidating feel free to bring someone to tag along. They’ll have the job of being encouraging and supportive.
Check out the video below and let us know what you think. We reckon these guys all look quite at ease!